Thursday, November 29, 2012

FuzziBunz Elite....Oh how I love you!

     We are still new to cloth diapering and trying to find out what works for us. So far I can tell you A LOT of what DOESN'T work for us.
     For example, Mommy's Touch pocket diaper DOESN'T work for us. I really tried to love this diaper or at least like it, but I don't. I tried it with it's insert. The insert was totally worthless. It bunched up and of course the diaper leaked. I tried it with another brand insert....it didn't bunch up but it did leak. Then I tried it stuffed with a prefold, that was too bulky and slid off of Mason. Then I tried it with a Flip insert. That didn't work either. The diaper will be donated in the hopes someone else can make use if it (I figure it's barely used and someone might like it/ need it). Thankfully I am only buying one of each brand/ type of diaper at a time. I am slowly building my stash (after all I want to save money and not waste it ;).
      The next 2 diapers I tried were Bumkins pocket diapers (I liked the prints and Mason already has a matching bib) and a generic cheapy from Amazon. These diapers both performed ok, only a few leaks. Their performance was improved by using a Flip insert instead of the inserts they came with. I may give these away though. The bumkins has a lot of snaps and the generic one seems like the snaps may pop off/ rip the fabric. Plus they use up my valuable stay-dry Flip inserts that I had rather be using with my Flip covers.
      The next kind we tried was the BumGenius 4.0 (which came highly recommended). The first time we tried it we had a leak :(. I didn't give up though! I tried it again....another leak. I give every diaper several chances, so once again I turned to my Flip insert. BINGO! No leaks ;).....but again it uses one of my valuable Flip inserts. I just don't understand how the same company can make garbage like the BumGenuis insert and then absolutely wonderful product like the Flip insert??? Weird!
     Ok, so I have tried 4 pockets diapers. Things aren't looking good....0 and 4. I'm striking out :(. Then I decided to try 1 more pocket diaper (it too came highly recommended)....the Fuzzibunz Elite Pocket Diaper.  SUCCESS!!!! YEAH! No leaks to date. We have tried using it with just the larger insert for day protection and the newborn insert w/ the larger insert for nighttime protection.
      I was beginning to think that I would hate all pocket diapers, but nope! Thank you Fuzzibunz for giving another option that's easy to use for my husband and the grandmas!
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment